Why is it important to get staff back into the office? After a few years of shifting from the company office to the employee’s home office, camaraderie, collaboration, and teamwork has deteriorated. It is now time to build up relationships and connections.
It is a well-known fact that sharing a meal or even just a snack brings people together. Let me show you some cool catering ideas that will keep your staff engaged and happy.
2. Multicultural Mix
3. Buddha Bowls
4. Trendy Foods
6. Hors D’Oeuvres
7. Southern Hemisphere Meals
9. Hot & Cold Beverage Bars
10. Ice Cream Activations
11. Food Truck Events
13. Baked Treats
14. Candy and Sweets
15. Direct Delivery to Workstations
16. Comfort Food Stations
1. Pizza -A Great Office Lunch Catering Idea
It’s fast, it’s everyone’s favourite food and it’s filling. However, the traditional pepperoni and cheese pizza…..so boring. Below are some mouthwatering pizza catered lunch ideas.
- Taco Pizza for the adventurous
- Mac & Cheese Pizza for comfort
- Plant-based Pizza for the vegetarians and vegans
2. Multicultural Mix-Catered Lunch Ideas
- Visit Greece with a catered lunch featuring traditional dishes such as lamb, pork or beef Gyros smothered in tzatziki.
Greek food, with its unique blend of herbs and spices is a fabulous catering option for corporate parties. Choose from our Greek buffet or our Build your own Gyro station.
Option 1: Greek Meal Station
Includes a choice of either Pork or Chicken Souvlaki, served with rice, roasted garlic potatoes, mixed grilled vegetables, Greek salad, tzatziki & grilled pita bread or garlic bread.
Option 2: Build Your Own Gyros!
Choose from chicken, beefbeef, or vegetarian gyros, served with rice, roasted garlic potatoes, mixed grilled vegetables, Greek salad, tzatziki & grilled pita bread.
All Stations include bowls, chaffing dishes, plates, forks, knives, napkins, staffing and delivery.
- Visit the Middle East for your next employee lunch with pita, hummus, falafel and all the trimmings.
- A unique catering idea is having a professional sushi chef prepare a team lunch featuring various Maki, Nigiri and Sashimi. Chopsticks, plates, and cutlery are all included.
3. Buddha Bowls-Healthy Office Catering Ideas
Even if you are a fast-food kind of person, I can guarantee that you will love this healthier alternative. Build your bowls with grains, veggies, and proteins. This is perfect for an interactive team building lunch.
- Enjoy a low fat, high protein catered lunch with energizing Quinoa, veggies, and protein.
- For an Asian-themed team lunch idea try Brown Rice Bowls combined with proteins and veggies.
- Set up a Poke Bar for a catered office lunch. A Poke bowl is built with rice, a choice of proteins, veggies, and sauces.
Poke bars have risen in popularity over the past few years as a healthy, funfun, and budget friendly option for event catering. We can provide premade bowls but definitely recommend the “Pack your own bowl” option… interactive and customizable!
Pack Your Own Bowl
Includes: White or Brown Rice, Mixed Greens, toppingstoppings, and a variety of sauces.
Step 1: Choose of Protein: Choose 3
Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Shrimp Tempura, Boiled Shrimp, Beef, Chicken, Tofu
Step 2: Pick your Toppings: Cucumber, Red Onion, Carrot, Cabbage, Red Pepper, Tomato, Edamame, Green Lettuce, Kale, Purple Potato, Jicama, Jalapeño, Asparagus
Step 3: Pick your Sauce: Choose up to 3
Sriracha Mayo, Wasabi Mayo, Green Curry, Teriyaki Mayo, Mayo, Sriracha, Katsu, Unagi, Mango, Spicy Sesame, Korean Citrus, Teriyaki Sauce
Step 4: Pick Your Veggies
Avocado, Crab Salad, Seaweed Salad, Wasabi Tobiko, Tobiko, Kimchi, Sweet Corn, Tamago, Pickled Ginger, Diced Mango, Kidney Bean, Tangerine, Green Onion and Pickled Radish
Step 5: Pick your Crunch!
Lotus Chip, Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Tempura bits, Furikake, Garlic Crisps
All Poke menus include : fForks, cChopsticks, nNapkins, linens, bowls for Poke, staffing and delivery.
4. Trendy Foods-Business Catering Ideas
- The Oyster Bar is shucked and served on ice accompanied with hot sauces, lemons, and horseradish. If you are looking for a cool catering idea, this is it! Oyster station includes shucker, hot sauces, lemons and horseradish and napkins, tablecloth, plates, and delivery.
- Dim Sum, originally from China, is a social experience featuring dumplings stuffed with a protein or vegetable and served with an assortment of sauces. This is perfect for a working corporate lunch idea. Our chefs steam dim sum in bamboo steamers live on the spot and serve it in bamboo boats with chopsticks
Dim Sum Station Includes:
- Har Gao (Shrimp Dumpling)
- Chicken Shumai
- Pork shumai
- Shrimp Spinach dumpling
- Vegetable dumpling
- Lotus Leaf with Rice (Lo Mai Gai)
- Fried wontons (vegetable, chicken)
Dim Sum is accompanied by soy sauce and assorted chili sauces.
Dim Sum Station includes : aAll necessary equipment, linen, plates, napkins, forks, staffing and delivery.
- Churrasco Chicken straight from Portugal is a trendy option. The meal comes complete with peri-peri sauce, rice, oven roasted potatoes, and spring mix or Caesar salad. It is a perfect office catering idea.
Menu includes : lLinens, chaffing dishes, plates, utensils, napkins, staffing and delivery.
5. Snacks -Staff Meeting Food Ideas
- Charcuterie boards are all the rage now. This catered food idea consisting of cured meats, cheeses, crackers, olives, and dried fruits will keep everyone’s energy levels up. You may also consider a personal charcuterie box for larger meetings.
- One of the best office catering ideas that everyone loves is a middle eastern snack spread with pita, hummus, veggies, and various salads. This can be done with platters or individual boxes.
- Appetizers are ideal for food to share at work. Create a buzz with party sandwiches, miniature pastries, granola bars or pretzels hot out of the oven!
6. Hors D’Oeuvres-Catering Ideas for Large Groups
- Mini sliders are always super popular. They can be made with beef, chicken and even mushrooms for vegetarians.
- Mini samosas are yummy. They can be stuffed with vegetables or meat. You can go spicy hot for the adventuresome folks or mild for those whose taste buds can’t stand the heat!
- Mini desserts such as skewered fruits or assorted mini tarts always go over well. Hey! Who doesn’t love dessert?
7. Southern Hemisphere Meals-Office Party Catering Ideas
From the Caribbean, enjoy Jerk Chicken, fried plantains and all the other sides for a cool catering idea. Maybe play a bit of Reggae to really get in the groove.
- Jerk Chicken
- Rice and peas
- Fried plantains
- Creamy coleslaw
- Hot sauce and gravy.
The Big Jerk
- Jerk Chicken
- Jamaican Patties (beef, chickenchicken, or Vegetarian)
- Curry Chickpeas and Potato’s
- Rice and peas
- Hola, from Mexico! Enjoy the best office catering ideas for a staff lunch. Authentic enchiladas with a variety of fillings and smothered in a savory sauce will titillate the taste buds.
- Try unique catering lunch ideas with tastings from Africa such as chicken Tagine, a cold salad called Matbucha and a fragrant Harira stew made of chickpeas, lentils, and warm aromatic spices. Absolutely mouthwatering!
8. Carnival Food-Unique Catering Ideas that are Loads of Fun
- Funnel Cakes are a classic treat enjoyed at carnivals. Don’t forget to add vanilla ice cream.
- Sausages or hotdogs dredged with cornmeal batter and deep fried are essential foods for a catered lunch idea. Don’t even bother to count the calories. Just enjoy!
- The ever-popular Nachos and Cheese are a highly recommended chow for a carnival themed catered lunch or break.event.
9. Hot & Cold Beverage Bars – Thirst-Quenching Business Catering Ideas
- Bring in a Bubble Tea Bar for a refreshing and unique tasting idea. This trendy catering idea blends freshly made tapioca, tea and a variety of fresh fruit and syrups
- Hello! Is there anyone who doesn’t love chocolate? Watch your employees’ faces light up when a strolling hot chocolate server visits their workstation offering gourmet hot chocolate with all the fixings
- Business catering ideas would not be complete without a mobile coffee shop or espresso bar. Entertaining baristas offer a wide range of Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, and other wonderful drinks.Nothing is better than a steaming hot or cold beverage to start your staff’s day or a mid-afternoon pick me up. I’ll have a half-caf, low fat, light syrup, and extra foam, please!
10. Ice Cream Activations – A Finale to Catered Lunch Ideas
- Your event planner will organize a soft ice cream truck or a vintage Dickie Dee ice cream bike for a welcome break outdoors
- You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy an ice cream sundae bar with all the yummy toppings to complete a catered staff meal
- Nothin’ says lovin’ when a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream is scooped between 2 freshly baked cookies and accessorized with your favourite toppings…perfect to complete a team lunch idea
11. Food Truck Events – Best Catering for Office Lunch Ideas
- Your staff will love arriving at work and finding a food truck serving up breakfast poutine or cheesy quesadilla.
- Enjoy authentic Mexican Tacos and Burritos served from a food truck
- For an awesome sweet treat, your staff will love soft and chewy Churros dipped in toppings such as chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, caramel, or lemon sauce
12. BBQs – The Ideal Catering Lunch Idea
- The traditional hot dog, hamburger and veggie burger BBQs served with a variety of condiments and accompanied by coleslaw and potato salad are always enjoyable
- A unique corporate BBQ lunch idea is to go strictly plant based. Try grilled cauliflower steaks or grilled artichokes accompanied by beyond beef burgers and various salads
- You can’t beat the succulent aroma of BBQ ribs smothered with a “smokin” hot sauce served with grilled corn on the cob and baked beans. This catered lunch idea will create a lot of buzz! Yummy!
13. Baked Treats – a Catering Idea Hot Out of the Oven
- Freshly baked gourmet cookies or mini donuts served hot out of the professional oven by a chef will impress your staff at a team lunch
- Baked on-site large pretzels served either sweet or savory with a variety of toppings makes for a unique business catering idea
- Flavoured Lolliwaffles on a stick baked on-site are a wonderful catering idea for work, especially for a morning business meeting
14. Candy and Sweets– a Unique Dessert Idea to Add on to a Catered Lunch
- A Vintage Candy Cart can be customized to create a memorable moment
- Enjoy a Candy Buffet with serious gourmet candy after your catered lunch. Folks can take their personalized candy bags back to their workstation to munch on the rest of the day!
- If your staff is too busy to leave their workstations, consider our Mobile Candy Cart Girl who delivers sweet treats to your staff’s desks
- Enjoy the new taste sensation of artisanal popsicles specially customized to individual taste for your next catering idea for work
- A combo popcorn and cotton candy cart is a fun addition to a fun food menu
- Slushies and Snow Kones are the most refreshing warm-weather treats, especially at the end of a team lunch idea
15. Direct Delivery to Workstations – Staff Meal Ideas
- sandwiches featuring ingredients such as ham and brie or tomato and mozzarella will satisfy hungry appetites
- A quesadilla with tons of different toppings makes for a very inexpensive staff meal idea
- A box filled with easy to eat wraps provides a budget-friendly catered lunch with many options to suit all dietary needs
16. Comfort Food Stations-A Thoughtful Office Lunch Catering Idea
Customize your comfort food station
Select 4 main courses:
- Classic Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Pulled Pork Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Classic Grilled Cheese
- Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Margarita Grilled Cheese
Burgers & Hot dogs
- Classic Cheese Burger
- Bacon Cheese Burger
- Portobello Burger
- Cheese Dog
- Veggie Dog
- Classic Poutine
- Garlic Parm Fries
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Caesar Salad
- Spinach and Arugula Salad
I do hope you have enjoyed my catering ideas for work. If you have any personal requests, please get in touch. Our event planners love to share creative ideas, especially when it comes to business catering. Contact us today to start planning!!