Covid Safety and Your Event
Looking forward to healthy procedures together
Procedures updated September 21, 2021
Thanks to vaccines being distributed in 2021 and masks, in-person events are starting to be held. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel, but the hard work isn’t over yet. We must continue to work together to limit spread of this virus and protect others with best practices. Health and safety is what’s bringing us back together.
The safety of guests and staff during Covid is of the utmost importance to Pop! Events Group. In addition to our regular health, safety and food handling procedures new protective measures have been implemented into our events. We are following the ongoing health requirements and guidelines from the City of Toronto, the Ontario Ministry of Health, the Government of Canada and the WHO. Our procedures will be updated as we learn more about this insidious new disease.
- All of our staff for live events are fully vaccinated.
- Our staff must do a health screening before entering any event.
- Staff will be temperature checked, wear face masks, and where needed wear face shields and nitrile gloves.
- Proper hand washing procedures are reinforced.
- Aprons are worn for specific setups.
- Disinfectant is available to all staff and is used after each new contact.
Event precautions and capacities are based on local jurisdiction requirements such as Ontario’s emergency status on COVID-19 and best practices.
- Rapid Covid testing can be done onsite at an additional cost.
- Staggered entry schedules will be organized for some groups.
- Floor markers (tape) will indicate to stay 6ft apart while moving through lines.
- Table signage on all stations will instruct attendees to stay 6ft apart.
- Disinfectant gel will be available to attendees.
- Proper sanitizing will be promoted to attendees between activities.
- Staff will not be in direct contact with tickets or cash (when applicable).
- All stationed areas will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the event.
- All event rentals will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected when arriving and leaving the event.
“Visit With Santa” Precautions
- We will ensure Santa is fully vaccinated.
- We will ensure Santa’s temperature is checked and is not showing any symptoms
- Santa will follow proper hand washing and sanitizing procedures
- Santa will be seated on his chair (which will be disinfected)
- Santa will be wearing a mask as well as gloves over his own gloves
- Children will collect their own gift placed on a side table (which needs to be monitored)
- Children will stand at the pre-marked socially required distance from Santa during their visit
- Children will then turn around and stand at an angle from Santa to face the camera for the photo op
Additional Precautions (if required at additional cost)
- Disinfecting gifts prior to the event
- Placing floor markers for attendees to stand at a socially acceptable distance while waiting for Santa
- Elves (if requested) will be wearing gloves and masks
- Sanitizer stands will be provided for attendees and guests
How COVID-19 Spreads
COVID-19 spreads from an infected person to others through respiratory droplets and aerosols. Air circulation and total time exposed are critical factors especially inside. Dry air inside during colder months also enables infection in several ways.
Please stay healthy and use multiple personal preventive practices at the same time.
- Vaccination helps prevent severe illness, hospitalization and death.
- Masks reduce the likelihood of respiration infecting those around you.
- Social Distancing also helps limit breathing in COVID-19.
For information from Canada, please read: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Prevention and risks.
Get tested today should you have any reason.