It is a well-known fact that the sharing of food brings people together. Welcome your employees back with a huge variety of catering ideas for work.
Corporate catering provides a safe way to keep employees engaged and happy. A professional caterer can provide you with terrific catering lunch ideas. This is management’s opportunity to say thank you for sticking out the hard times and letting everyone know how appreciated they are.
These business catering ideas will encourage your staff to stay in the building avoiding crowded elevators and restaurants.
Another thing you may not have thought of is supporting your local restaurants and caterers. These businesses have barely survived over the past two years. Reinvest in your community and they will provide you with the best catering for office lunches. This is a win-win situation.
In addition, catered lunch ideas will create a buzz and stimulate conversation and bonding amongst your staff.
I can only speak for myself, but I am getting tired of cooking at home. Having the same old meals is tedious and boring. Catered lunch ideas provide creative and interesting options for your staff.
Furthermore, our team lunch ideas will keep attendees focused on the challenge ahead. A grumbling tummy is a distraction!
So, my friends, call us and ask us about our fulfilling catering ideas for work featured in this blog post.
1. Pizza Party – Catering Ideas for Returning to WorkWelcome your staff back with a mouthwatering catered pizza lunch which is everyone’s favourite. But let’s do more than your typical pepperoni and cheese…so boring. Here are some yummy catered lunch ideas
- Taco Pizza for the adventurous
- Mac & Cheese Pizza for comfort
- Plant – Based Pizza for the Vegetarians and Vegans
2. Celebrate our Multicultural Mix – Catered Lunch IdeasWe are so fortunate to live in a multicultural city. Exploring different types of food is an adventure in itself
- Bring the Danforth to your catered lunch with lamb, pork or beef Gyros smothered in tzatziki
- Visit the Middle East with pita, hummus, falafel and all the trimmings
- A professional sushi chef provides a great team lunch idea with various Maki, Nigiri and Sashimi complete with chopsticks, plates, and cutlery.
3. Buddha Bowls – Healthy Office Catering IdeasWe are all trying to eat healthier and what better way to enjoy grains, veggies and proteins than with Buddha Bowls that are interactive especially, for a team-building lunch.
- An energizing Quinoa Bowl offers a high protein, low fat catered lunch with many options to build your bowl
- Brown Rice Bowls are terrific for an Asian – themed team lunch idea
- The best catering for office lunches is the Poke Bowl built with rice, a choice of proteins, veggies and sauces
4. Trendy Foods – Business Catering IdeasIn the past several years certain types of catering have become very trendy in Toronto and are ideal for business catering.
- Dim Sum, originally from China, is a social experience featuring dumplings stuffed with a protein or vegetable and served with an assortment of sauces
- The Oyster Bar is shucked and served on ice accompanied with hot sauces, lemons, and horseradish and is popular with gourmet food lovers
- Churrasco Chicken straight from Portugal is a trendy catered lunch idea complete with peri-peri sauce, rice, potatoes and salad
5. Southern Hemisphere Meals – Staff Catered Meals IdeasIf you can’t go down south these few catered lunch ideas will come to you!
- From the Caribbean, enjoy Jerk Chicken, fried plantains and all the other sides as a staff meal idea
- Hola, from Mexico! Enjoy the best catering for office lunches with authentic enchiladas with a variety of fillings and smothered in a savoury sauce
- Try unique catering lunch ideas with tastings from Africa such as chicken Tagine, a cold salad called Matbucha and a fragrant Harira stew made of chickpeas, lentils, and warm aromatic spices
6. Carnival Food – Fun-filled Catering Ideas for Work OutdoorsHave you ever said that your office atmosphere is like a circus? Nothing de-stresses like circus food. Let your favourite event planner organize a fun catering idea for work with mouthwatering circus food.
- Funnel Cakes are a classic treat enjoyed at carnivals.
- Mouthwatering sausages or hotdogs dredged with a cornmeal batter and deep-fried are essential foods at a catered lunch idea at a company carnival. Don’t even bother counting the cals. Just enjoy!
- The beloved Nachos and Cheese are always highly recommended chow for carnival foods. Easy to eat and so versatile whether you are a meat-lover or a vegetarian
7. Hot & Cold Beverage Bars – Thirst-Quenching Business Catering IdeasNothing is better than a steaming hot or cold beverage to start your staff’s day or a mid-afternoon pick me up.
- Bring in a Bubble Tea Bar for a refreshing and unique tasting idea. This trendy catering idea blends freshly made tapioca, tea and a variety of fresh fruit and syrups
- Hello! Is there anyone who doesn’t love chocolate? Watch your employees’ faces light up when a strolling hot chocolate server visits their work station offering gourmet hot chocolate with all the fixings
- Business catering ideas would not be complete without a mobile coffee shop. Entertaining baristas offer a wide range of Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte and other wonderful drinks. I’ll have a half-caf, low fat, light syrup, and extra foam, please!
8. Ice Cream Activations – A Finale to Catered Lunch IdeasAn Ice Cream Activation is a fun way to finish off an office lunch idea for a group.
- Your event planner will organize a soft ice cream truck or a vintage Dickie Dee ice cream bike for a welcome break outdoors
- You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy an ice cream sundae bar with all the yummy toppings to complete a catered staff meal
- Nothin’ says lovin’ when a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream is scooped between 2 freshly baked cookies and accessorized with your favourite toppings…perfect to complete a team lunch idea
9. Food Truck Events – Best Catering for Office Lunch IdeasIn my travels, I always watch for food truck events. They are fun, safe, versatile and delicious.
- Your staff will love arriving to work and finding a food truck serving up breakfast poutine or cheesy quesadilla
- Enjoy authentic Mexican Tacos and Burritos served from a food truck
- For an awesome sweet treat, your staff will love soft and chewy Churros dipped in toppings such as chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, caramel or lemon sauce
10. BBQs – The Ideal Catering Lunch IdeaThe most popular staff meal ideas are BBQs. Your event planner will arrange a scrumptious BBQ right in your company parking lot. Just provide them with your budget and sit back and enjoy the aroma of the grill!
- The traditional hot dog, hamburger and veggie burger BBQs served with a variety of condiments and accompanied by coleslaw and potato salad are always enjoyable
- A unique corporate BBQ lunch idea is to go strictly plant-based. Try grilled cauliflower steaks or grilled artichokes accompanied by beyond beef burgers and various salads
- You can’t beat the succulent aroma of BBQ ribs smothered with a “smokin” hot sauce served with grilled corn on the cob and baked beans. This catered lunch idea will create a lot of buzz! Yummy!
11. Baked Treats – a Catering Idea Hot Out of the OvenThe heavenly aroma of freshly baked goods allows management to say “job well done,” for either a catered lunch idea or just because…
- Freshly baked gourmet cookies or mini donuts served hot out of the professional oven by a chef will impress your staff at a team lunch
- Baked on-site large pretzels served either sweet or savoury with a variety of toppings makes for a unique business catering idea
- Flavoured Lolliwaffles on a stick baked on-site are a wonderful catering idea for work, especially for a morning business meeting
12. Summer Fun Foods – Fine Catering Ideas for WorkThe warm weather brings different cravings for food. Be sure to include these business catering ideas for your next staff appreciation day.
- Enjoy the new taste sensation of artisanal popsicles specially customized to individual taste for your next catering idea for work
- A combo popcorn and cotton candy cart is a fun addition to a fun food menu
- Slushies and Snow Kones are the most refreshing warm-weather treats, especially as the end of a team lunch idea
13. Candy for the Sweet Tooth – a Unique Dessert Idea to Add on to a Catered Lunch
We are all kids at heart and there is hardly a person out there that does not have a sweet craving once in a while…well maybe more than once in a while. Whether it is an add-on to a catered lunch or just a fun treat.
- A Vintage Candy Cart can be customized to create a memorable moment
- Enjoy a Candy Buffet with serious gourmet candy after your catered lunch. Folks can take their personalized candy bags back to their workstation to munch on the rest of the day!
- If your staff is too busy to leave their workstations consider our Mobile Candy Cart Girl who delivers sweet treats to your staff’s desks
14. Direct Delivery to Work Stations – Staff Meal Ideas
Many people who have returned to the office after a few years of working remotely are still hesitant to dine with others. Here is a unique solution that will please your staff and let them know that you care about their well-being.
- Comfort food such as Mac n Cheese or fancy grilled cheese sandwiches featuring added ingredients such as ham and brie or tomato and mozzarella will satisfy hungry appetites
- A quesadilla with tons of different toppings makes for a very inexpensive staff meal idea
- A box filled with easy to eat sliders provides a budget-friendly catered lunch with many options to suit all dietary needs
I do hope you have enjoyed my catering ideas for work. If you have any personal requests please get in touch. Our event planners love to share creative ideas especially when it comes to business catering. We are waiting for your call!