Are you overseeing organizing your annual company Christmas party? Are you having trouble coming up with fun company Christmas party ideas? Have you been discouraged by low attendance or unenthusiastic responses in the past? Did you overhear office gossip regarding the dreaded Christmas Corporate Party? The reason could be that you have been using the same humdrum ideas for the past several years. For instance, think about the list below.
Mediocre music and entertainment
Boring long speeches
Not to worry!
It’s party time. Let’s turn the Corporate Christmas Party into an absolute favourite. Whether you will be planning a simple holiday office party or an extravaganza-style company Christmas party, follow these 16 amazing corporate Christmas party ideas in the sections below.
First things first. Set your budget, date and time then let’s get this party started!!!
A) Musical Entertainment for Work Christmas Party Ideas
Music is an integral part of any sort of celebration whether it be a wedding, a sporting event or in this case your Corporate Christmas Party. There are so many different opportunities to include music entertainment in your event. The following are specifically tailored for corporate Christmas party ideas.
Get in the groove for your upcoming company Christmas party with some swingin’ music that you can dance to…together.
- Replace your traditional DJ who just stands there playing boring old repetitive music with a funky Club style DJ who lets his or her personality shine through with a particular genre such as deep house or Hip Hop and can assess the crowd to determine what gets everybody up and grooving on the dance floor.
- For something festive imagine a DJ Santa and his dancing Elves who encourage everyone to get on the floor and boogie.
- Don’t forget about Karaoke for your holiday office party. Raise your hand if you love letting down your hair and belting out your favourite Christmas songs. Some Christmas eggnog might just get everyone in the mood!
- To energize your audience a great Rock & Roll Band will break all the barriers between millennials and the old folk. Your guests will let their hair down, lose their inhibitions and jive to the great sounds of the 50s, 60s and 70s.
- For a more subdued atmosphere, a Jazz Band lends an element of sophistication to your Christmas Party. Don’t get me wrong though. A great jazz band knows when to turn it down to allow for conversation (dinner time) or pump it up with an element of fun & romance and get everyone up dancing to Swing.
- For an edgier crowd, there are some awesome non-traditional bands who transcend barriers of race, sexual orientation, and body image. Combined with fabulous vocals, music, and incredible choreography these groups will make a statement at your event.
- A Barbershop Quartet works well as an office Christmas party idea. Guests will enjoy the toe-tapping entertainment and might sing along to the old-time classics.
- Strolling Carolers are an ideal addition to your Christmas-themed ideas. Don’t be surprised if your guests sing along (hopefully in key!)
- Tribute singers such as Elton John, Frank Sinatra or Rod Stewart, just to name a few make for a toe-tapping, hand-clapping evening of celebration at your work Christmas party.
B) Photo Ops for Corporate Christmas Party Ideas
A picture is worth a thousand words! Sorry for not being original but it is true. Memories are made through photography. But if you want something different and innovative rather than the traditional photo booth where everyone puts on goofy props and their picture gets printed out and usually gets left behind, try the following office Christmas party ideas.
- For a jaw-dropping innovative photo opportunity consider Mosaic Wall where photos are transferred from Instagram, Twitter or an on-site camera or photo booth onto a wall digitally, or photos get printed as stickers and your guests position them on a designated position on the wall. From far away the wall appears to be a 3D mosaic but from close, you see individual photos. It has got to be the coolest thing since sliced bread!
- At your Company Christmas party arrange for a green screen photo booth where your guests can clown it up.
- Selfies anyone? You can create strategic “Instagramable” areas within the event space where guests can take selfies. Inspire your attendees to share these fun photos on social media such as Instagram by creating specific event hashtags.
- In addition to creating selfie opportunities, a fun Office Christmas party idea is a state-of-the-art Slo-Mo video booth. Watch your guests pose and perform silly antics which are captured in slow motion. Imagine images of your attendees in the middle of a jump high in the air or bubbles floating sky high while your guests gaze at the spectacle in amazement. Prepare a “wall of fun” back at the office with images reminiscent of your great Corporate Christmas Party.
- Gotta love animated Gifs! As one of your staff Christmas party ideas, this photo op will add a whole different dimension to your holiday office party. A GIF photo booth takes photos but gives 3 prints which allow the attendees to create an animated GIF file to post to social media. This booth is a sure winner at your Corporate Christmas Party.
- A professional strolling photographer would be a great addition and will create magical take-home memories for your staff.
- A unique Corporate Christmas Party Idea is “The Polarazzi”, this entails strolling costumed photographers taking polaroids of your guests and gifting them to guests in cute custom-designed sleeves.
C) Christmas Staff Party Ideas for Foodies
What do people talk about before, during and after an event? FOOD! Gone are the days when you could serve the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes and peas. Yuck! There are so many exquisite cuisine offerings available. Just make sure the food is spectacular, appetizing looking, tasty and diverse. Be mindful to have options for your staff that have food allergies, and be prepared to have gluten-free options, vegan/ vegetarian options etc. It’s tough I know but you can handle it!
- For a sophisticated menu, it doesn’t get much better than Charcuterie. An assortment of cured meats, cheeses, freshly baked baguettes along with pickled veggies, olives and dried and fresh fruits and nuts creates a photo-worthy statement. Popular at the moment are individual servings such as Charcuterie boxes or cups as opposed to the traditional spread.
- Oysters are always a popular company Christmas Party idea. Set up an oyster bar with the added twist of roaming oyster shuckers. These fabulous “Shucking Ambassadors” walk around your event with all their shucking equipment and oysters wrapped around their waist. They draw a crowd with their delicious oysters and mad shucking skills!
- A bespoke sushi rolling station will take your holiday office party to the next level. A talented and friendly chef will prepare fresh sushi right in front of your guest’s eyes. Complete with delicious Rolls, Nigiri and Sashimi, Wakame salad and Edamame, this service is as beautiful as it is yummy.
- In our wonderfully multicultural city, it would be fun to have stations set up with traditional foods from different countries. Think Greek, Middle Eastern, Asian, and Indian. A variety of stations will accommodate many different tastes and dietary restrictions at your company’s Christmas party.
- For a new catering twist for your Holiday office party, a food truck is amazing. Yes, I said food trucks! These are no longer your standard Polish sausage and greasy burgers. Choose from fresh garden gourmet salads, grilled chicken, portobello mushroom burgers and even acai berry smoothies and much more.
- Everyone loves desserts. Try this unconventional dessert idea at your Corporate Christmas Party. Have a parade of Dickie Dee bicycles branded with your corporate name delivering ice cream to your guests. The drivers can also be dressed according to your theme! So different and so much fun!
- For another take on dessert, consider a S’mores station. Everyone’s favourite campfire treat is now available as a chic indoor station. Other sweet stations include bubble waffles, a make-your-own truffle station, mini milkshakes or ice cream tacos with all the fixings!!
- For Hollywood or glamorous Christmas, theme ideas consider a movie-style concession stand offering popcorn and classic movie treats. Comes complete with a glass case and of course a red carpet!!
D) Christmas Office Party Ideas with Wine and Spirits
Instead of a standard bar this holiday event we will share with you some of our best office Christmas party ideas for setting up that favourite place in the room. Take advantage of some of the following drink ideas to welcome your guests and set the tone of the party.
- Because standing in line at the bar is annoying, alleviate the initial rush of traffic to the bar with a themed greeter in costume offering signature cocktails or champagne. This creates not only a welcoming note but great photo ops as well.
- Connect with your co-workers at an interactive Wine Tasting station. Everyone gets 5 tastings and a monogrammed wine glass to take home.
- Create excitement and entertainment with a Flair Bartender. A crowd favourite! Watch them juggle liquor bottles or do a flip-n’ pour without skipping a beat. This is showmanship at its best. Your guests will be talking about this for days to come.
- Consider hiring a professional mixologist for your company’s Christmas party. A mixologist will help you develop balanced artisanal cocktails using fresh and unique ingredients.
- A Whiskey tasting bar is an original office Christmas party idea. Guests can learn about the origins of each type of whiskey from a certified expert.
E) Christmas Staff Party Ideas Revolving Around the Circus
Who doesn’t love the circus? There are so many fun company Christmas party ideas that are circus related. A circus (or “cirque”) act is guaranteed to entertain and amaze your guests, young and old. Check out these ideas.
- Acrobatic acts perform amazing feats of human agility and balance. Your guests will be awestruck watching an acrobatic show or enjoy strolling acrobats throughout the evening.
- Hoops & Fire Acts command the audience’s attention. The combination of hula hoops (yes, the ones we used to play with back in the 50s and 60s) with fire, creates a spellbinding show that will astonish your guests.
- An Aerialist Act performing death-defying feats while twisting and spinning high in the air will captivate your guests. The grace and power of these entertainers are amazing to watch.
F) Strolling Entertainers & Greeters Provide Boundless Christmas Work Party Ideas
The traditional company Christmas party is always a go-to. When your guests arrive, they will feel like royalty upon entering the event room. Engaging these entertainers at your event provides marvellous opportunities for interaction and photo opportunities which in turn will create Instagrammable moments.
- Surprise your guest with an interactive cigar girl or guy. Let me make this clear though. They probably don’t serve cigars! Most likely candy treats or drinks. Makes for great photo ops.
- A great twist on the strolling entertainers is professional roller skaters who will dazzle your guests with high-energy skating tricks. A hot trend at the moment. They will even come in the costume of your choice. Roll baby, roll!
- Strolling magicians provide amusement and astonishment at a Corporate Christmas Party. Be prepared to hear over and over…” How did he do that?” The magicians also keep up a steady comedic chit-chat that will have guests laughing out loud.
- Imagine walking into your Corporate Christmas Party venue and being greeted by The Red-Carpet Lady. She will make you feel like a star! You can also enhance the venue with characters dressed as strolling hedges. They are beautiful to look at and make for marvellous photo ops.
- Stilt Walkers will add a totally different dimension to your Corporate Christmas Party. You can choose from a massive variety of elaborately themed characters especially suited for your event. Oh! Did I mention that these make for fabulous photo ops?
- Imagine standing by a statue of a Greek goddess or a statue posing as part of a food station, and they suddenly come to life. OMG! The living decor adds a unique dimension to any one of your office party themes.
G) Stage and Feature Shows Present Awesome Corporate Christmas Party Ideas
This is a fantastic way to say thank you for your staff’s dedication throughout the year. Stage shows break up the evening a little and give your guest something to talk about. These work Christmas party ideas will surely amaze and amuse…
- No need to go to the Big Apple! Bring your favourite Broadway shows to your event. All That Jazz, Cell Block Tango and Roxie Hart from Chicago sung live will be the highlight of your party. In the end, the guests are invited to take photos with the actors. A high-energy show with super talented dancers in awesome costumes makes Moulin Rouge another ideal Broadway show. But wait, that’s not all! The performers will teach your audience how to do the Can-Can. For a more “Christmassy” take, consider a holiday kick-line performance with upbeat holiday music and costumes.
- Psychological Entertainment is very intriguing. Audiences eat this up. Treat your staff to some mind-bending performances by illusionists and mentalists. Your guests will be mesmerized by these incredible performers who combine audience participation and side-splitting comedy.
- Dance shows are always popular staff Christmas party ideas and perfect before opening a dance floor. Your guests won’t be able to sit still while watching a tantalizing dance show from the Middle East Belly Dancers, the elegant South Pacific Polynesian Dance Show or the energizing moves of Bollywood dancers. A Tap Dance Show will leave your audience captivated by the sound of tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion. These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many more to choose from.
- A new and exciting feature of entertainment is the Roller Skating Act. This act will delight and surprise your audience as professional roller skaters perform syncopated moves and skating tricks.
H) Non-Traditional Corporate Christmas Party Ideas
Who says that an office Christmas party must revolve around a formal venue with music and entertainment? Try something out of the ordinary, something that is so left field but so much fun. Consider these fun company Christmas Party ideas.
- Axe Throwing is a thrilling experience and something quite different. Take your staff to an axe-throwing venue. Let your guests battle it out for the title of champion axe thrower. (Drinks should be consumed after the competition!)
- Murder Mysteries make for amateur Sherlock Holmes. Professional actors engage your audience with a hilarious interactive murder mystery scenario. Your guests will get into the plot and will be provided with all sorts of crime props and paraphernalia. This event will have your staff talking about it long after the event.
- A Skating Party is a fun alternative to a traditional Corporate Christmas Party. There are several ways to make this event exciting. Engage professional skaters to perform a skating show. After the show, your staff can take to the ice and skate along with the professionals! They will be pleased to pose for photos. Don’t forget to serve hot chocolate to warm up!
- An Escape Room is a unique corporate Christmas Party Idea. Guests will get to work together and have fun figuring out a way out.
- Incorporate your holiday office party with a team-building games day. Try a Christmas scavenger hunt or a Family Feud Christmas-themed game or the ever-popular Name that Tune game based on traditional Christmas songs.
I) Holiday Office Party Celebrating Diversity
Spiritual and cultural events during the holidays include Hanukkah, Bodhi Day, Winter Solstice/Yule, Pancha Ganapati, Christmas, Boxing Day, and Kwanzaa. Also in December is World AIDS Day, International Day of Persons with Disabilities, and International Human Rights Day.
Celebrating diversity encourages learning about other backgrounds, opens our minds to other cultures, increases morale and productivity, and attracts new hires. Respecting diversity helps your employees feel like they’re part of the family and that they are able to embody their absolute truth. It’s your company’s obligation to note internal bias and treat all employees fairly and respectfully and offer everyone equal opportunities no matter what their religion, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, age, physical or cognitive disability, class, work category or family status is.
- An office holiday party idea where we can celebrate diversity is a potluck dinner or lunch where the staff brings in a traditional food item from their cultural background. Another option is a catered event where foods from around the world are brought in by professional caterers. Yummy!
- Entertainment at the company holiday party where all diverse groups can be recognized would be inspiring. Think cultural dances, cultural music, or even a drag queen show as an option.
J) Christmas Office Party Ideas for Non-Evening Events
Just because you are hosting a Corporate Christmas Party for your staff it does not have to be held in the evening or a weekend or even at a venue. Try some of these work Christmas party ideas on site.
- We can all be kids again. Try this DIY edible craft, gingerbread cookies. Watch your staff meticulously decorate their gingerbread treat with icing and sprinkles and chocolate buttons. These cookies probably won’t make it home but that’s okay.
- What can be more elegant than having a gourmet brunch complete with champagne and orange juice? But what to do after brunch? Hire seated entertainers to engage your guests. Tarot card readers, handwriting analysts, caricaturists and yes even tattoo artists. Everyone will have a memento to take home.
- Another popular non-evening holiday party idea is a cooking class. Have a chef come to the office or host your holiday office party at a cooking school. For remote teams, an online cooking class is a great holiday party idea. Popular cooking classes include pasta making and sushi rolling.
K) Pay It Forward with Christmas Themed Team Building Ideas
- For a truly meaningful Holiday Season have your staff contribute food, clothing, and toys. Gather in an area large enough to create Christmas baskets for local charities. Work in teams to deliver these gifts personally. This most likely will become an annual activity.
- Combine your holiday office party with a team-building activity where you give back to the community. Christmas theme ideas can include creative bike building or Build a Buddy, where the finished products are presented to a charity of your choice.
- Incorporate your holiday office party with a team-building games day. Try a Christmas scavenger hunt or a Family Feud Christmas-themed game or the ever-popular Name that Tune game based on traditional Christmas songs.
L) Corporate Christmas Party Ideas with a Theme
For the ultimate fun company Christmas Party go with a theme. Themed parties always create a buzz, and your staff will be inspired to come up with awesome costumes relating to the theme. Prizes for the best costume of course! Below are some great ideas to bring out the awesomeness in your staff.
- Casino Themed events will never go out of fashion. Go with a traditional Vegas-themed event or go 007 and dress up your event Casino Royale style. These events are all about over-the-top decors such as golds and reds and of course some feathers. The addition of casino tables to the event will add an element of fun and excitement to any event. Add some strolling showgirls for photo ops or even a Vegas Kick line for added fun.
- For Christmas theme ideas that are a bit out of the ordinary, consider an Alice in Wonderland theme. The decor is over the top and very psychedelic… Imagine giant glowing mushrooms, out-of-this-world dance floor graphics and intricate piles of teacups as centrepieces. Mix in large (on stilts) and small Alice characters roaming your event along with a Mad Hatter character that will perform mind-bending illusions for your guests.
- No one can deny the beauty and spectacle of a winter wonderland-themed event. With sparkling white Christmas trees and decor, light-up furniture and blue hues around the room, this Christmas Party theme will immerse your guests in a world of winter magic. Add a Snow Queen and king on stilts for added effect.
- Nothing matches the fun and energy of a carnival-themed event. Both Classic and contemporary carnival themes bring colour and life to any event venue. This theme is filled with games, prizes and fun foods. Bring out the inner child of your guests with an incredible winter carnival.
- Christmas is one of the events that staff have, to truly get together and party. Why not choose a theme that recognizes where we have come from and celebrates where we are? A celebration of life and colour! This theme is fun, bright, and energetic, with a bit of a disco twist. Think light-up dance floor, colourful decor and playful entertainment such as roller skaters, photo booths with fun props and innovative candy stations.
M) Holiday Décor Ideas for your Corporate Christmas Party
Having an attractive décor at your corporate Christmas party is essential to set the mood for the festivities. The possibilities are endless but here are a few surefire winners.
- Out of all the great corporate Christmas party ideas, creating “Instagrammable Moments” through immersive vignettes is the most popular these days. Setting a scene such as a flower wall or backdrop with 3D props is an excellent way to engage guests and get social shares for your event.
- Using Audio Visual to create mood is essential for certain themes. Draping a room and using uplights to warm up or cool down a room (depending on the theme) has an incredible impact on the overall look and feel. You can also create custom gobos in front of lights to project unique shapes that enhance the feeling.
- Light-up rentals such as tables, and chairs can work well with several themes. Consider a light-up dance floor with multiple effects to blow them away and get the party going.
- A vinyl dance floor is not just for weddings!! Enhance any theme with a custom graphic designed full-colour dancefloor.
- Balloon décor is an inexpensive and impactful way to fill a room with decor. Themed balloon creations such as arches, trees and sculptures are always winners and create a wonderful holiday ambiance.
- Don’t forget the essentials! Setting a scene for Santa is an all-time Holiday tradition. Lit-up reindeer create a soft glow as your guests enter Santa’s living room complete with Santa’s throne, a cozy backdrop and a full-sized sleigh. Hey! Santa isn’t just for kids you know! Photos with Santa are welcome. Ho! Ho! Ho!
N) Corporate Christmas Party Ideas for Families
So much of Christmas is about celebrating with friends and family. For employees that have families why not host a Corporate Children’s Christmas Party? The kids will have a blast and the employees will connect on a whole new level when they get to meet each other’s families. The party can be simple and even hosted at your office, or you can make it nice and rent out a local banquet hall or event venue. Consider the adorable Christmas party ideas below for fun for the whole family.
- Craft stations such as creating a snow globe, decorating a holiday ornament or stocking are always holiday favourites. You can also go big with a Build a Bear station or Spin Tees, where kids get to create their t-shirts on a spinning wheel. Want something to satisfy the sweet tooth? Consider a sugar craft such as decorating a gingerbread or creating a lovely gift with Rudolph-themed hot chocolate. There are so many fantastic and versatile crafts to choose from and the kids just love them.
- Make it colourful and celebrate with a theme! There are endless creative holiday themes to choose from. Celebrate with your favourite Disney characters in Toy Story, Frozen or the ever-popular Disney Villains theme. How about a Circus theme complete with circus-themed foods, a circus ring and even a lion tamer show? Or go with a Dr. Suess theme with wonky trees and props and laugh as the Grinch tries to dress up as Santa and steal all the gifts!
- Speaking of gifts, no Corporate Children’s Christmas Party is complete without a gift from Santa. Set up a magical Santa station complete with Santa chair, Backdrop, Props such as giant Candy Canes, Elf characters and of course, the big man himself… the one and only! Santa Claus!!
O) A visit to the North Pole!
- Is there anyone who does not enjoy an old-fashioned train ride?
Imagine boarding the magical North Pole Express Train. Experience the excitement of riding the rails in a beautifully decorated train hosted by Santa’s Elves. Indulge in a scrumptious High Tea while enjoying lively Christmas music and a visit from the one and only Santa!
- Romance is in the air. For a truly romantic evening invite your hard-working staff and their significant others for a wonderful train ride while enjoying mulled wine and Baileys hot chocolate. Thousands of twinkling lights illuminate the train to create the perfect Christmas time ambiance. This is one Corporate Christmas Party that will be remembered for years to come. Hey! Why not make it a tradition?
- Train rides are not just for adults. Consider this magical experience for your Children’s Christmas Party. The children will be greeted by Santa’s Elves who will guide them to craft stations where they can create all sorts of holiday decorations. Entertainment options such as a magician or a face painter will excite the kids.Just before the North Pole Express pulls into the station, Santa will arrive with presents for all the children! Oh, what a ride!
P) Creative Ideas for a Corporate Christmas Event
- Here is an idea that is great for a small budget with large returns! Gingerbread building. Your staff will have a great time challenging each other to build the most creative and tasty house. Of course, there will be prizes for the best ones. Don’t forget to post creations on social media.
- A Paint n’ Sip party for a Christmas Corporate Event is a fun idea. Even if you can’t draw a straight line, a professional artist will guide you in painting a magical holiday scene. Of course, the more you sip the better your canvas will look!
- Decorating your office space can be fun as well as challenging. Provide your staff with glitter, ribbons, wrapping paper, artificial snow, etc. etc. and set them loose. Either have them decorate their own workspace or a colleague’s workspace. Have prizes for the most creative decorations. Follow up with a traditional holiday lunch and some fun entertainment such as a barbershop quartet or an illusionist.
Your employees have worked hard all year long. Hire an event planner to orchestrate this very important event to show your appreciation for their hard work and dedication. Let your entire staff enjoy the party. Please see our Christmas party services link below to learn how we can help.
Have a safe and meaningful Holiday Season.