Let’s connect via virtual parties, lessons and shows! Social interaction helps colleagues build connection especially at times when people are working at a distance and feeling anxiety. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. We’ve got the tools, we’ve got the know-how, let the fun begin!
1. Virtual Family FeudInvite your staff to participate in the long-running TV program, Family Feud. This is a highly engaging team building virtual program that will pit teams against each other online. An online game console, an energetic host and online buzzer will give authenticity to this virtual game.
2. Virtual Photo BoothOne of the all time favourite activities for corporate events is the photo booth. The Virtual Photo Mosaic will create memories, celebrate milestones, and commemorate special events in your company. Participants submit their photos via text or hashtag and the photos appear in a live stream creating one large image. The photos can also be animated, and customized video messaging can be integrated into the live stream. Once completed the photo mosaic is printed on a canvas for all to admire.
3. Virtual Scavenger HuntIs it possible to have a Scavenger Hunt online? Of course! A virtual Scavenger Hunt is safe, creates team spirit and your staff will get plenty of laughs.
An energetic host asks all participants to grab one item at a time. It could be a jar of honey, a winter hat, a teddy bear or a mask. No matter where the item is in the house participants will have to run to get the points! The first player to return to their seat and buzz in with the item wins the round. This is repeated until there are 10 players in the final round. This heart pumping and exciting virtual game is suitable for children as well as adults.
4. Virtual Children’s Holiday PartyThe Grinch is not going to steal Christmas this year. No way! With a professional Santa virtually visiting every employee’s home the children will be excited.
Entertainment and crafts have always been an important component for the Children’s Annual Christmas Party. The ever popular Virtual Dance Party gets the children up and moving (as well as the parents.)
All children love stuffed animals that they build themselves. Kits can be pre-ordered and delivered to the children before the Virtual Children’s Christmas Party. An entertaining host can virtually instruct the children to create their own cuddly animal.
A Virtual Illusion Show is an ideal virtual entertainment idea. A talented illusionist will entertain the entire family with mind bending tricks. In addition, the entertaining illusionist can teach the audience how to perform a magic trick! How cool is that? A very merry Christmas will be had by all….Safely.
5. Virtual Casino PartiesYou don’t have to give up your annual Casino Party for 2020. Blackjack, Poker, Texas Hold’em and even a night at the races can be brought to your team virtually!
Your guests can interact with a live dealer as well as each other. This virtual technology via live streaming is unbelievable. Customized graphics and logos will add a more personal touch to your Virtual Casino Party. Let’s roll the dice and get this party started!
6. Virtual Awards GalaNo need to postpone your Annual Awards Gala. Your employees look forward to the Awards ceremony each year. Recognition of a job well done promotes corporate loyalty and appreciation. Invite your staff and encourage them to get out of their casual work wear (aka pajamas) and dress in fancier attire to attend their Annual Awards Gala Virtually!
7. Virtual Name That TuneName That Tune has been a long time favourite team building game. Just because we can’t be physically together doesn’t mean we can’t play together. A talented and animated host as well as a live DJ brings the game to your guests via a streaming platform. An online buzzer provides an authentic virtual experience.
8. Virtual MixologyThis virtual team building event is so trendy and popular that your staff will be talking about it for months afterwards! Invite your guests to attend a virtual mixology class hosted by a professionally trained mixologist. Prior to the virtual event, a customized kit will be delivered to each participant’s home with all the necessary ingredients and tools to make awesome cocktails. The best part is that you don’t have to take anyone’s car keys away!
9. Virtual Pub NightIs your staff missing their Friday night get together with their work buddies at the local pub?
Invite your staff to a virtual Pub where everyone knows your name. (remember Cheers?) In this virtual pub your guests can be entertained with an engaging bartender, trivia games and live entertainers. Your staff can virtually get as rowdy as they want!
10. Virtual Wine & Food Pairing PartyEveryone will be online with this on! This is a bonus that your staff will be over the moon with. Arrange the delivery of 3 bottles of wine to each staff member along with a wine tasting chart. Your event planner will organize a live stream sommelier to guide your team through the basic process of growing grapes and making of wine, how to evaluate wines and lastly what to pare with the wines. The best part of this online Corporate Event is that you do not need a designated driver!
11. Game Party
There are hundreds of online games that can be played in a round robin. Assign a lead or reach out to your favorite Event Planner to organize the games and relay the link to your staff. Don’t forget to give the date and time so everyone is on board.
12. Virtual Pajama Party
Admit it! You don’t get out of your PJ’s until noon or longer. So, let’s have a pajama party meeting. Everyone attends the online Corporate Meeting wearing their PJ’s. A gift card goes to one with the most creative PJ’s!
13. Costume Party on Video
Create a theme and have everyone meet online in costumes. The most authentic and original costume receives a prize such as a gift card.
That’s Walter in Accounting.
14. Online Book Review Circle Meeting
Select a book that would be of interest to your staff. It could be a motivational book or a biography etc. Share the eBook with all the participants. After one week meet online for a book review discussion. Your Event Planner would be happy to engage a professional reviewer to lead the discussion. This idea would also work well with a movie review.
15. Trivia Game Show
A Trivia Game Show brings out the competitive edge in all of us. Consider hiring a professional game show host to allow your entire team to participate.
Set the ground rules in advance. One guess allowed without scouring the internet for the correct answer (no cheating allowed). The final round and the tension is mounting. Who will be the winner? You can either reward the victor with a grand prize or simply the recognition of their peers. (I’d rather take the grand prize!).
16. Online Training Events
This platform is a win win situation. During this difficult time of isolation your staff can gather important information with the assistance of a live instructor or facilitator who interacts directly with the audience via online training. It is free of distractions and encourages employee engagement. In addition, this online training event will save your company thousands of dollars by eliminating expenses such a travel, hotel, room rentals and printed information.
17. Online Talent Show
Ok! Now its time for some fun stuff. We are all familiar with America’s got Talent, The Voice, Dancing with the Stars etc. Let’s have an online talent show.
Even the shyest of people will participate in this event especially when there is a grand prize for the winner. Each staff member will be given the opportunity to sing a song, play an instrument, recite an original poem, perform a dance etc. online. A panel of judges will choose the top three finalists who will each receive a prize.
18. Change Your Look Event
We all need a makeover at times. We get tired of our style and we need a change. Have a makeover online event which can be hilarious. There are many apps online that will give you a new hairdo. Each team member is required to take a selfie and then experiment with different hairstyles. You can go frizzy, curly, bald or a totally different colour such as purple or green or pink. Each person will then expose their new look to their colleagues. So much fun!
19. Online Trade Shows
Just because we need to be in isolation doesn’t mean that your trade show needs to be put on hold. The logistics of it may seem daunting but it can be done online. For instance, if you have a showroom where most of your sales are done simply book an appointment with your client inviting him to your virtual showroom on a preset day and time. This way you can show your line and book your order without any personal contact. Again, another win win situation.
20. Livestream a Show
Treat your staff to a live show in the comfort of their own home. This will be great for morale. Again, choose a date and time and send out invitations for a live show extravaganza online. Not only will this encourage your staff, but it will keep the entertainment industry active. Perhaps it could be a magic show or a singer or an acrobatic act. There are numerous options that would work amazingly well.
There are ways that we can all connect and help each other get through these times. We at Pop! Events Group can assist you in organizing livestreamed aka virtual events for your company. Contact us and one of our awesome event planners will be happy to help you. Be safe and protect your family and community.
Post updated November 2, 2020
Employee Engagement Event Ideas to Keep Your Staff Happy and Productive